The New York Wine and Grape Foundation newsletter recently profiled
the following home wine making courses -
Ed Kwiek, the owner of Woods Wine-Backyard Vineyard Consulting will soon offer a series of classes at the New York Wine & Culinary Center on how to start and operate a backyard vineyard. The classes include an introductory session followed by Planning and Cost Estimating; Cultivar and Trellis Selection, Pruning and Training; and Harvest, Crush, Fermentation, and Press.
The American Wine Society, a national consumer organization with a focus on home winemaking, is sponsoring a one-day seminar on August 1, 2009 at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County on Home Winemaking. Ed Kwiek will lead off with the backyard vineyard summary, joined by several active winemakers and Cornell professionals on many aspects of winemaking including a case study on Riesling and Starting a Winery.
Want to use wine to create delicious meals for friends and loved ones? Click HERE to receive Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
- ► 2010 (18)
- A classy Merlot food pairing!
- Classes on how to start a vineyard and make your o...
- Bounty of the Hudson Wine Festival
- What foods go with Sauvignon Blanc?
- Best Wine Movies!
- Learn about Food and Wine Pairing in the Hudson Va...
- July 2009 events in the Finger Lakes for Dog Lover...
- How to Cook with Leftover Beer
- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2008 (250)