A Letter from my friend Fred Frank:
On April, 21 at approximately 8:30 pm Dr. Frank's auxiliary tasting room was destroyed in a fire. Thankfully, no one was harmed; we are very grateful to the local fire department for their quick response. Their reaction kept the fire from spreading to other close buildings on the property.
The night of the fire many reports were made that the entire winery was consumed in the fire, however that is untrue.
The fire was restricted to one independent building. We wanted to let all of our customers know that we are doing fine and that the winery is functioning as it always has. We have two working tasting rooms available for daily tastings and festivals and our bottling line is up and running.
We are very saddened by the loss, especially the loss of irreplaceable trophies, including the Governor's Cup, family photos, and historic wines. We are eager to rebuild and hope to see you this season.
Dr. Frank's Vinifera Wine Cellars
9749 Middle Road
Hammondsport, NY 14840
Fred Frank was nice enough to tell me about his Rkatsiteli wine for this Youtube video, which was shot in the recently destroyed building.
Want to use wine to create delicious meals for friends and loved ones? Click HERE to receive Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
- ► 2010 (18)
- How to Study for the CSW Test - Australian wines
- Is airline wine worth buying on your next flight?
- Dr. Frank's Vinifera Wine Cellars is open for busi...
- How to Learn about Sherry - Sherry and food pairin...
- Choosing a wine pairing for Kosher meals
- Free wine and food pairing tool for your computer
- Brie cheese and beer pairings
- Food pairings for Joseph Carr wines
- Applewood Winery Rieslings
- May is Riesling Month!
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2008 (250)