The Wine Spectator offers a guide to cooking and wine pairing with my favorite seafood - shrimp in their article 'All About Shrimp'!
My favorite way to eat shrimp is fried - which would call for a glass of sparkling wine to combat the oiliness of the cooking technique.
For other preparations of shrimp, the Wine Spectator recommends Riesling, Pinot Grigio and New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc as possible wine matches.
Shrimp is a sweet tasting food, so following the rule that wine must taste sweeter than the food it is paired with will guide you to choosing an off dry Riesling or more full bodied, fruity Pinot Gris or Sauvignon Blanc.
I choose grilled shrimp drizzled with melted butter with a glass of oaky, buttery big California Chardonnay.
My boyfriend Mike prefers sweeter wines, so shrimp and an off dry Riesling would be a great pairing for him to try.
Rose Wine and Shrimp Pairing
Shrimp Recipe Featuring a Stout Beer
Shrimp and Albarino food and wine pairing
Shrimp and Gewurztraminer wine and food pairing with recipe
Friday, January 16, 2009
- ► 2010 (18)
- How to pair chocolate and desserts with wine
- What Food to Serve With Zinfandel - Zin Friendly F...
- White Wine match for Stinky cheeses, including Roq...
- What's Your Wine? What's your Sign? How to pair wi...
- How to serve Sherry - food and Amontillado, Oloros...
- How to serve cheese with sweet and red wines; what...
- Wine pairing for shrimp - fried shrimp, grilled sh...
- Why use Wine Sauce in cooking?
- How to BYOW - BYOB at a Restaurant
- Eight Tips on How to Plan a Valentine's Day Wine a...
- Mead or Tej and Food Pairings
- How to choose a wine and food pairing for everyone...
- How to pair red wine with Asian dishes and Chinese...
- Pairing Wine with Dessert - chocolate, pie, cake a...
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2008 (250)