Wine expert Randy Caparoso offers some intriguing wine pairings for Asian cuisine at his Culinary Wine and Food Adventures Blog.
I have enjoyed pairing Gewurztraminer and Riesling with Chinese seafood and noodle dishes, but Caparoso takes it a few steps further, offering ideas for pairing meaty Asian dishes with Viognier, Zinfandel, Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Dolcetto, Barbera and Sangiovese.
I agree with his advice at the end of the post - "If wine is to ever become an American staple, it has to be treated like one: as a sensible part of our lives and meals!"
Did you like this article? Click HERE to receive Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (8)
- August (7)
- July (8)
- June (6)
- May (11)
- April (10)
- March (17)
- February (12)
- How to pair chocolate and desserts with wine
- What Food to Serve With Zinfandel - Zin Friendly F...
- White Wine match for Stinky cheeses, including Roq...
- What's Your Wine? What's your Sign? How to pair wi...
- How to serve Sherry - food and Amontillado, Oloros...
- How to serve cheese with sweet and red wines; what...
- Wine pairing for shrimp - fried shrimp, grilled sh...
- Why use Wine Sauce in cooking?
- How to BYOW - BYOB at a Restaurant
- Eight Tips on How to Plan a Valentine's Day Wine a...
- Mead or Tej and Food Pairings
- How to choose a wine and food pairing for everyone...
- How to pair red wine with Asian dishes and Chinese...
- Pairing Wine with Dessert - chocolate, pie, cake a...
- December (7)
- November (12)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (20)
- July (15)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- April (24)
- March (29)
- February (36)
- January (38)