In 'Choose the best apples for baking,' a story from the Chicago Daily Herald, Caroline LeBlanc offers tips on choosing the perfect apple for baking a homemade apple pie.
September is apple picking season out here in my corner of Upstate New York, and the ultimate use for all those freshly picked pecks of apples is a freshly baked pie.
A glass of dessert wine and a scoop of vanilla ice cream are the perfect pairing for a slice of warm apple pie.
What is your favorite apple for pie?
Did you like this article? Click HERE to recieve Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
Friday, September 12, 2008
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (8)
- August (7)
- July (8)
- June (6)
- May (11)
- April (10)
- March (17)
- February (12)
- January (14)
- December (7)
- November (12)
- October (7)
- Food and Wine Pairings for Christmas, New Year's D...
- Improve your wine palate at this wine course in Pi...
- Southern Style Food and Wine Pairing Tips "Cheat S...
- Spanish food and wine pairings - including Oloroso...
- Fish Curry and Gewurztraminer Wine and Food Pairin...
- How to cook with flavored salts
- Grana Padano and Parmigiana-Reggiano wine and chee...
- Rose wine and Shrimp food and wine pairing
- How to Plan Your Hudson River Winery Trip
- Fox Run is one of the Top 100 Wineries in the Worl...
- Best apple for apple pie; apple pie food and wine ...
- Upcoming Food Class - Goat Cheese
- Two ways to discover new wine and food pairings
- How To Plan Your Own Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Pa...
- Best Red Wine and Cheese for Fall Foliage Picnic
- August (20)
- July (15)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- April (24)
- March (29)
- February (36)
- January (38)