Chardonnay Choices for your Summer Party
Kudos to WSJ Tastings column authors Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher, with help from Melanie Grayce West, for tackling a VERY popular subject - finding an inexpensive Chardonnay to serve at your next party that people will actually ENJOY drinking.
We have all had mass-produced Chardonnay's that seem more like a trip to an amusement park or bells and whistles than an actual wine made from quality fruit.
Gaiter and Brecher picked California Chardonnays from Cambria Winery 'Katherine's Vineyard,' Markham Vineyards, Meridian Vineyards and St. Clement Vineyards.
Gaiter and Brecher offer their personal picks for white wines to serve at your next party, but realize the strong tradition of Chardonnay as the 'safe' white wine of choice for many casual wine drinkers.
If you are fixing dinner for an avowed Chardonnay lover, consider picking one of these bottles and matching it with a food pairing from Natalie MacLean's Food and Wine Matcher: http://www.natdecants.com/matcher/results.asp?type=wine&id=169
Did you like this article? Click HERE to recieve Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
- ► 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (100)
- How to Find a Restaurant with a GREAT Wine List
- Four Summer Food Pairings for Chardonnay
- How to Serve Chocolate and Wine or Scotch for Dess...
- Food and Wine Pairings for the Grill
- Long Island Food and Wine Pairing Classes
- Best Chardonnay for Party
- What wine to serve with ... Ice Cream?
- Tough Wine Pairing Solutions - what to serve with ...
- The Difference Between American Pinot Gris and Pin...
- Combine Stout Beer and Shrimp for a German Dinner
- White Wine Pairings with Soft Shell Crabs
- Pairing Foods with Vidal and Seyval Blanc
- Best Dry Rose Wines
- NYC Winemaking Opportunity!
- Last Minute Sangria Recipe
- ▼ July (15)