Drink What You Like - food matches for White Zinfandel
After drilling the same theme into my wine students' heads for five weeks in a row - "Drink What You Like" - I have to admit that I am remiss in not posting wine and food pairings for a type of wine that one of my students, Rosa, admitted very bravely that she loves.
These matches are for you, Rosa –
Pepperoni Pizza is mentioned as a match for White Zin in this article:
White Zinfandel is also listed as a pairing for a hamburger with Pickled Relish & Yellow Mustard here:
Vigilant lists White Zinfandel matches, including pasta dishes with cream sauces, fish, pork, bacon and pancetta, mild cheeses, Asian cuisine, couscous, crab cakes, Creole, crudités, dessert, egg dishes, Indian cuisine and tandoori spices, lamb, pâté, and anti-pasto, at its website here: http://education.vigilantinc.com/residential/wine-food-guide.asp
Even Eric Asimov has experimented with White Zin, and found it was a good match with a meal of scallops over linguine:
Drink what you like.
If you like White Zinfandel, try matching it with meals that could also be paired with an off-dry Riesling.
Leave YOUR recommendations in the comments section of this post.
Did you like this article? Click HERE to Subscribe to Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
Friday, June 20, 2008
- ► 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (100)
- Eggs and Red Wine pairings
- Snow Crab and White Wine recipe and wine pairing
- Educational Wine Article
- Ten recipe food pairings for Chianti wine
- Wine-Based Cocktail recipes
- Shrimp and Albarino food and wine pairing
- White Zinfandel wine and food pairings
- Wine and Pizza pairings - search for your favorite...
- Grill-Friendly Food and Wine Pairing: Salmon and L...
- Why Wine Dinner Pairings Work
- Camping and Hiking Recipes with Red and White wine...
- Best White Wine with Seafood - one fun way to pair...
- Shrimp with Garlic Sauce Wine and Food Pairing Rec...
- Summertime food and wine pairing: Fish Tacos and C...
- Wine Book Review - The Sipping Point
- Wine and Food Pairing - fondue, restaurant matchin...
- Caviar and Wine Pairings
- How to Improve Your Wine Palate Class
- Wine and Cheese Pairing Workshop in the Hudson Val...
- Wine in the New Harvard Food Pyramid
- ▼ June (20)