According to the Wine Press, the newsletter of the New York Wine and Grape Foundation, the Dallas Morning News International Wine Competition awarded Gold Medals to my favorite wine, the Dr. Frank 2005 Rkatsiteli.
Gold Medals were also awarded to Chateau Frank 2000 Blanc de Blanc, Lamoreaux Landing 2006 Chardonnay, Thousand Islands 2006 Vignoles, and Torry Ridge Blue Sapphire, along with 8 Silver and 11 Bronze medals for other New York wines.
The Thousand Islands Winery is New York's northernmost winery! It's worth a visit if you vacation in the beautiful Clayton. NY area. Find out more here: http://www.thousandislandswinery.com/
I got the chance to talk with Roxy from the Thousand Islands Winery last year. Learn more about winemaking on New York's NEWEST wine trail here:
Many thanks to Gary Wiltbank from Wiltbank Farm in Saugerties for sharing some great information on cooking with mushrooms with the Gourmet Meetup last Saturday at the Troy Farmers Market.
Wiltbank Farms Shiitake & Oyster mushrooms are grown in a controlled environment without chemicals, preservatives or manure. Mushrooms, especially Gary's Shiitake mushrooms, are well paired with a glass of Pinot Noir.
The Gourmet meetup's next meetup will focus on cooking and flavoring food with gourmet oils - Live near Albany, NY? Join the Meetup here: http://cooking.meetup.com/534/
Did you like this article? Click HERE to Subscribe to Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
Monday, April 21, 2008
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (8)
- August (7)
- July (8)
- June (6)
- May (11)
- April (10)
- March (17)
- February (12)
- January (14)
- December (7)
- November (12)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (20)
- July (15)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- May Wine Classes in Clifton Park, NY
- Top five movie for food lovers, a.k.a. 'Foodies'
- Video Review - Joanne Weir's Cooking Class
- Kevin Zraly at the Wine and Culinary Center!
- Recipes for Sauvignon Blanc lovers - Simply Ming:...
- Goat Cheese, Triple Cream and Muenster wine and ch...
- Award winning Winery in Northern New York - Adiron...
- Top Ten Tips for Planning a Sucessful Dinner from ...
- What to serve with Tawny, Ruby, and Vintage Port w...
- How to use Snooth
- How to get Red Wine out of the carpet
- Four wine pairings for a tropical 'Key West' dinne...
- Sparkling Wines and Brunch Food Pairings
- Chinese Takeout and Red Wine Pairing
- How to use Gourmet Loose Teas and Gourmet Oils
- Albany, NY Winemaking Class and Julia Child Video ...
- Over 100 Free Italian Recipes from Barilla
- 20 wine friendly recipes, including "Wine-Can Chic...
- Red Wine Pairing for Sauerkraut
- How to Match Red Wine and Chinese Takeout
- How to choose a Sparkling Wine with Brunch
- WBW : St. Maure Chaput and Taleggio cheese and win...
- Recipe and Napa Wine Pairing for Ossobuco
- How to Make Baked Brie en Croute
- March (29)
- February (36)
- January (38)