The Splendid Table offers a insightful audio interview by famed Cheese Monger Steve Jenkins. Jenkins, author of The Cheese Primer, offers tips on how to get out of a cheese rut.
If you love your Manchego, put your hunk back in the fridge and get ready to learn about Roncal from Navarre, Spain.
If you think you know Stilton, Gorgonzola and Roquefort, Jenkins recommends trying smoky blues from Massachusetts and Oregon.
If you've only tried Cabot cheddar, the ever-opinionated Jenkins urges you to sample Grafton Cheddar from Vermont or Fiscalini Cheddar from California.
How many new cheeses have you tried this year?
Free video class on wine and cheese pairing
Did you like this article? Click HERE to Subscribe to Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (8)
- August (7)
- July (8)
- June (6)
- May (11)
- April (10)
- March (17)
- February (12)
- January (14)
- December (7)
- November (12)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (20)
- July (15)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- April (24)
- Get a 'Taste of New York' on Public Television!
- Roasted Lamb with Charmoula food and red wine pair...
- DVD review: Martha's Stewart - Martha's Favorite F...
- Tips for Your Wine Country Vacation
- Tips on Visiting Napa and a DVD Review of A Taste ...
- Feedback on my Wine Videos
- Troy Farmers Market and my Wine Classes in Clifton...
- How to Host a Movie Night - Four Excellent Wine an...
- Traveling to Monterey, California? Learn about Mon...
- How to 'Drink Local' - 17 Local Restaurants celebr...
- For New Wine Drinkers: Wine Preference Quiz
- How to Try New Cheeses
- Three Strong Cheeses - Morbier, Aged Cheddar, Abon...
- How to serve Brie and Camembert, Baked Brie Recipe...
- A cooking tip for Boeuf Bourguignon - a French foo...
- Tomme de Levezu Cheese and Wine Pairing; Barcelona...
- 60 great music suggestions for a classy dinner par...
- Five Wine Education Videos from Sommelier Andrew S...
- Video review of a Finger Lakes Chardonnay
- Anchovy Onion Tart and Rose Wine recipe
- Everyday Enchiladas and Rioja Wine
- How NOT to be a wine snob; new group for local gou...
- Braised Beef Bourguignon recipe and wine pairing
- Rock Lobster recipe and wine pairing
- Four Food and Wine Pairing from Fleming's Steakhou...
- Video: How to Pair Wine with Asian Cuisine
- Celebrate Fathers with this Spanish tapas recipe a...
- 18 Hunter-friendly recipes for Venison, Antelope, ...
- How to Improve Your Relationship
- February (36)
- January (38)