Fleming's Steakhouse in Boston is having a special wine pairing dinner featuring the wines of Paul Newman and Francis Ford Coppola. Food and wine pairings include:
Sicilian Bruschettas topped with Olive Oil, Roma Tomatoes and Fresh Herbs and Spicy Tuna Tartare on Focaccia Crackers partnered with a dry sparkling Pinot Blanc, blended with small amounts of Sauvignon Blanc and Muscat. Flavor notes include aromas of ripe apricots, tangerine, pear, melon, Meyer lemon and honeysuckle.
Seared Arctic Char nestled on a Fennel and Citrus Salad is paired with a Chardonnay. Flavor notes include aromas of tropical fruits, citrus, apple, pear and a touch of sweet vanilla on the bright, citrusy finish.
Glazed Duck Breast marinated in Newman's Own Teriyaki, fanned over a Crispy Polenta Cake with Roasted Grapes is matched with Cabernet Sauvignon. Flavor notes include ripe berry and cherry fruit, accented by black pepper, chocolate, herbaceous and sweet cedar notes.
Filet "Corleone" with Porcini Mushrooms, served on a bed of Sweet Onion Risotto surrounded by a Winter Vegetable Bouquet is paired with a Bordeaux style cabernet blend. flavor notes include blackberry, plum and roasted espresso with white pepper and vanilla.
Do any of these wine and food pairings appeal to you? What taste combinations would you enjoy?
Wine and Food Pairings from Yono's Restaurant
Did you like this article? Click HERE to Subscribe to Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (8)
- August (7)
- July (8)
- June (6)
- May (11)
- April (10)
- March (17)
- February (12)
- January (14)
- December (7)
- November (12)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (20)
- July (15)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- April (24)
- Get a 'Taste of New York' on Public Television!
- Roasted Lamb with Charmoula food and red wine pair...
- DVD review: Martha's Stewart - Martha's Favorite F...
- Tips for Your Wine Country Vacation
- Tips on Visiting Napa and a DVD Review of A Taste ...
- Feedback on my Wine Videos
- Troy Farmers Market and my Wine Classes in Clifton...
- How to Host a Movie Night - Four Excellent Wine an...
- Traveling to Monterey, California? Learn about Mon...
- How to 'Drink Local' - 17 Local Restaurants celebr...
- For New Wine Drinkers: Wine Preference Quiz
- How to Try New Cheeses
- Three Strong Cheeses - Morbier, Aged Cheddar, Abon...
- How to serve Brie and Camembert, Baked Brie Recipe...
- A cooking tip for Boeuf Bourguignon - a French foo...
- Tomme de Levezu Cheese and Wine Pairing; Barcelona...
- 60 great music suggestions for a classy dinner par...
- Five Wine Education Videos from Sommelier Andrew S...
- Video review of a Finger Lakes Chardonnay
- Anchovy Onion Tart and Rose Wine recipe
- Everyday Enchiladas and Rioja Wine
- How NOT to be a wine snob; new group for local gou...
- Braised Beef Bourguignon recipe and wine pairing
- Rock Lobster recipe and wine pairing
- Four Food and Wine Pairing from Fleming's Steakhou...
- Video: How to Pair Wine with Asian Cuisine
- Celebrate Fathers with this Spanish tapas recipe a...
- 18 Hunter-friendly recipes for Venison, Antelope, ...
- How to Improve Your Relationship
- February (36)
- January (38)