In an article for the Austin Statesman titled 'What can you learn on YouTube?' Sarah Linder searched the popular video shaing site for educational material. Her Goal #2? Learn more about wine.
Linder said, "My ambitions are not lofty here. I don't need to be able to hold forth about "mouth feel" or "notes of tobacco and blackberry.
I just want to make wine and food pairings that make my tastebuds swoon. I kicked things off with "Free Wine Class: How to Pair Wine With Cheese," hosted by Kathleen Lisson, who also offers several other wine videos.
Lisson delivered advice in a concise, entertaining way, explaining just enough of why certain pairings work to be interesting without bogging things down.
Maybe it was the cute little quiz she offered at the end, but I still remember that sweet wines go with my beloved pungent cheeses even though I haven't been able to test this out for myself.
I also liked 'Chocolate & Wine Pairing' from winespectatorvideo.com and 'Pizza and Wine Pairing' from classicwines.com. Like Lisson, the hosts of these videos are geekily lovable and take a non-snobby approach."
Thanks for the compliments!
Check out my wine videos here: http://youtube.com/khlisson
Did you like this article? Click HERE to Subscribe to Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (8)
- August (7)
- July (8)
- June (6)
- May (11)
- April (10)
- March (17)
- February (12)
- January (14)
- December (7)
- November (12)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (20)
- July (15)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- April (24)
- Get a 'Taste of New York' on Public Television!
- Roasted Lamb with Charmoula food and red wine pair...
- DVD review: Martha's Stewart - Martha's Favorite F...
- Tips for Your Wine Country Vacation
- Tips on Visiting Napa and a DVD Review of A Taste ...
- Feedback on my Wine Videos
- Troy Farmers Market and my Wine Classes in Clifton...
- How to Host a Movie Night - Four Excellent Wine an...
- Traveling to Monterey, California? Learn about Mon...
- How to 'Drink Local' - 17 Local Restaurants celebr...
- For New Wine Drinkers: Wine Preference Quiz
- How to Try New Cheeses
- Three Strong Cheeses - Morbier, Aged Cheddar, Abon...
- How to serve Brie and Camembert, Baked Brie Recipe...
- A cooking tip for Boeuf Bourguignon - a French foo...
- Tomme de Levezu Cheese and Wine Pairing; Barcelona...
- 60 great music suggestions for a classy dinner par...
- Five Wine Education Videos from Sommelier Andrew S...
- Video review of a Finger Lakes Chardonnay
- Anchovy Onion Tart and Rose Wine recipe
- Everyday Enchiladas and Rioja Wine
- How NOT to be a wine snob; new group for local gou...
- Braised Beef Bourguignon recipe and wine pairing
- Rock Lobster recipe and wine pairing
- Four Food and Wine Pairing from Fleming's Steakhou...
- Video: How to Pair Wine with Asian Cuisine
- Celebrate Fathers with this Spanish tapas recipe a...
- 18 Hunter-friendly recipes for Venison, Antelope, ...
- How to Improve Your Relationship
- February (36)
- January (38)