Everyday Enchiladas and Rioja Wine
This is my go to meal - The full recipe is dinner for four, or just cooking one 8 enchilada pan provides dinner two (save the other half of the filling, tortillas and sauce for a few days later.) A Red Rioja wine pairs well with this easy dish.
16 corn tortillas (6-inch) or 8 larger flour tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce
3 cups 'fiesta blend' shredded cheese (available in the plastic ziploc
1 can black beans, drained
1 package fresh spinach
1 can corn kernels
6 sliced scallions, white and green parts separated
1 tsp. cumin
salt and ground pepper
I use my hands to mix the filling - In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheese, beans, spinach, corn, and scallion whites. Season with cumin, salt and pepper. You can also add rice or whatever is burrito-esque that you have in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish, or, in a pinch, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and make aluminum foil 'walls' on the four edges.
Stack 8 tortillas, and wrap in damp paper towels; microwave on high for 1 minute (use all 16 if you have a crowd, otherwise, save the other 8 for the next time you want to make these enchiladas with your remaining filling and sauce).
Top each tortilla with a heaping 1/3 cup of filling; roll up tightly and arrange, seam side down, in prepared baking dishes.
Sprinkle enchiladas with cheese and top with enchilada sauce. Bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; serve garnished with more cheese and the scallion greens.
Did you like this article? Click HERE to Subscribe to Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
- ► 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (100)
- Get a 'Taste of New York' on Public Television!
- Roasted Lamb with Charmoula food and red wine pair...
- DVD review: Martha's Stewart - Martha's Favorite F...
- Tips for Your Wine Country Vacation
- Tips on Visiting Napa and a DVD Review of A Taste ...
- Feedback on my Wine Videos
- Troy Farmers Market and my Wine Classes in Clifton...
- How to Host a Movie Night - Four Excellent Wine an...
- Traveling to Monterey, California? Learn about Mon...
- How to 'Drink Local' - 17 Local Restaurants celebr...
- For New Wine Drinkers: Wine Preference Quiz
- How to Try New Cheeses
- Three Strong Cheeses - Morbier, Aged Cheddar, Abon...
- How to serve Brie and Camembert, Baked Brie Recipe...
- A cooking tip for Boeuf Bourguignon - a French foo...
- Tomme de Levezu Cheese and Wine Pairing; Barcelona...
- 60 great music suggestions for a classy dinner par...
- Five Wine Education Videos from Sommelier Andrew S...
- Video review of a Finger Lakes Chardonnay
- Anchovy Onion Tart and Rose Wine recipe
- Everyday Enchiladas and Rioja Wine
- How NOT to be a wine snob; new group for local gou...
- Braised Beef Bourguignon recipe and wine pairing
- Rock Lobster recipe and wine pairing
- Four Food and Wine Pairing from Fleming's Steakhou...
- Video: How to Pair Wine with Asian Cuisine
- Celebrate Fathers with this Spanish tapas recipe a...
- 18 Hunter-friendly recipes for Venison, Antelope, ...
- How to Improve Your Relationship
- ▼ March (29)