Monday, February 11, 2008
Pot Roast food and wine pairing
In the Burlington Free Press article ' Pot roast, an American classic,' author Debbie Salomon offers tips on cooking a flavorful pot roast. For roasting liquid, she recommends, "equal amounts of dry red wine and canned beef broth (to barely cover meat)."
For an flavorful twist, Salomon offers a list of interesting ingredients to add to pot roast, including cranberry juice, ketchup, vinegar, V-8, prune juice, orange, lemon, allspice and cumin.
Red wine is a traditional wine pairing for pot roast. Choose a Merlot or Pinot Noir for a lighter style, venture into a Malbec, Syrah or Zinfandel pairing for a more flavorful roast.
Salomon says it best, "no deli meat even comes close to a hot pot roast sandwich on rye bread or a crusty roll."
Wine Friendly Spices - How to season your dinner for a better wine pairing
- ► 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (100)
- Video: Wine and Food Pairing Advice from an Alban...
- Book Reviews: Pick the Right Wine Every Time and W...
- Video Review - Cooking French: The Cuisine of Burg...
- Twenty "wine lover approved" red wine and appetize...
- Video: How to Choose the Correct Wine Glass
- Free Recipe Cards
- Stir fry cooking tips and wine pairing
- Pheasant cooking tips and wine pairing
- Video: Wine and Cheese Pairing
- Indian food and red wine pairing
- Mejillones a la Marinera recipe and wine pairing
- Venison food and wine pairing
- Vietnamese Summer Roll Primer and Wine Pairing
- Italian Cooking DVD Review
- How to buy a good red wine (or white or rose or sp...
- Seven Local Cheese Pairings for Riesling, Sauterne...
- New York State Wines Featured on WLTV
- Mediterranean diet 'Seta' mushroom recipe and wine...
- Low Fat Gumbo Recipe Tips and Wine Pairing
- Two Tips on Cooking Wild Game and a game-friendly ...
- Teochew Cold Crab and Riesling - food and wine pai...
- Two Tips for Improving Your Wine Palate
- Open That Bottle Night
- How to live longer if you already eat right and ex...
- Pot Roast food and wine pairing
- Pinot Grigio, Sangiovese, Primitivo and Merlot win...
- Pairing Winter Vegetables and Wine
- How to serve an Italian Style Dinner
- Do you like Spirits? A Book and DVD review for Dri...
- Four tips for matching wines with Asian, European,...
- Try the Wine Spectator 'How to Order Wine in a Res...
- Ragu Bolognese Food and Wine Pairing
- Free Wine Tasting Podcasts - a great way to learn ...
- Vegetarian Food and Red Wine Pairing
- Shrimp and wine pairing using that bottle of white...
- Five Food and Wine Pairings from Albany's Angelo's...
- ▼ February (36)