Our mission this month for Wine Blogging Wednesday? Try a Petite Sirah.
I love Petite Sirah, it's one of my oldest wine memories from way back
in my California days. The name Petite Sirah is a synonym for Durif.
In the late 1800s, Dr. Francois Durif crossed Syrah and Peloursin in
the Rhone region of France, and called it Petite Syrah. I tried a
$13.99 2005 Bogle Vineyards Petite Sirah from California. This 13.5%
alcohol wine, loaded with black fruit and black pepper aromas,
reminded me of warm summer evenings on a redwood deck in Northern California.
Petite Sirah Food and Wine Pairing
The fine folks at Bogle suggest serving their Petite Sirah with rich
meat dishes of lamb, pork or game and their hearty sauces, and the
fine folks at P.S. I Love You, a Petite sirah Advocacy group, have a
treasure trove of Petite Sirah food and wine matching recipes here:
including recipes for meatloaf, bar-b-que pork loin, porterhouse
steak, smoked buffalo bratwurst, wild boar, spicy beef stew and "the
best duck ever."
I purchased the Bogle Petite Sirah from the pleasant, knowledgable
gentleman at the wine store at Stuyvesant Plaza, Albany. He
recommended it with spicy beef.
As I am a vegetarian, I instead tried my glass of wine with a few
Tufurky Italian Deli slices. A bit too spicy for me on their own, the
Tofurky deli slices paired really well with the Petite Sirah and would
make a great sandwich and wine pairing match!
Did you like this article? Click HERE to Subscribe to Kathleen Lisson's FREE Wine and Food Pairing Tips by Email.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (8)
- August (7)
- July (8)
- June (6)
- May (11)
- April (10)
- March (17)
- February (12)
- January (14)
- December (7)
- November (12)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- August (20)
- July (15)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- April (24)
- March (29)
- February (36)
- January (38)
- The best red and WHITE wine pairing for a ribeye s...
- Food and Wine Pairing - Sauteed Cod and White Burg...
- Chefs Batali, Trotter, Puck and Lagasse offer Food...
- Champagne and food pairings
- Shark and Wine Pairing
- Wine and Cheese Pairing Ideas
- Certified Specialist of Wine Exam - How I Studied ...
- Serving port wine: The best port wine for your dec...
- How to Find Good, Quality Wines on a Budget
- Use a Bottle of Wine to Reconnect With a Loved One...
- Is there 'red wine' cheese? Should you pair red wi...
- What Wine Goes with Chinese Food?
- What Wine Goes with Chocolate?
- Video Review - Introductory Guide to Wine
- For Gorgonzola Lovers, a Pungent Wine and Food Pai...
- Recipes and wine and food pairings for a home cook...
- Wine Blogging Wednesday - Petite Sirah and ... Tof...
- How to remove a wine bottle label for FREE
- Does wine and food pairing really work?
- Red Wine Health Benefits - Wine is good for your h...
- Netflix Review – Family Cooking from the Blanchard...
- How to Keep Track of Your Wine Glass at a Party
- What to Buy a Wine Drinker for Christmas or Hanukk...
- November (16)
- October (9)
- September (6)
- December (23)